Effective Date: April 2022
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices that will become effective upon posting. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the “Effective Date” at the top of this page.
How do we collect personal data?
We may collect your personal data from anything you have provided us within our own websites or provided over direct interactions by telephone, in a letter, e-mail, Mobile Application (App), or via social media such as but not exclusively, LinkedIn, Twitter, WhatsApp and Facebook. We may also access information about you that is already publicly available from sources such as social media or technical data from third parties such as Google Analytics and Hotjar. Please note that some outbound and inbound calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
What personal data do we process?
We may collect and process the following categories of personal information from our clients and Site visitors:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other identification numbers
- Identifiers such as username, account number, password and IP addresses
- Email addresses, names, and contact information of visitors who register on our website
- Information that you provide by filling in our forms at linx-solutions.co.uk or nrlgroup.co.uk
- Any information you provide in any surveys or feedback we use for research purposes
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to; traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information about a client’s business such as company name, company size, business type, and contact information
- Demographic information of our clients, clients’ candidates and Site visitors such as age, education, gender, interests, postal code
How do we use personal data?
In order to deliver our services, we need to keep reliable, accurate and up-to-date records of clients’ and candidates’ details as well as any interactions with them related to these services. We use the personal information collected from these individuals only for the following purposes:
- Registering new candidates and providing account functionality
- Managing enquiries
- Providing services to our clients and candidates
- Keeping records of client and candidate information and activity
- Administering a client’s accounts
- Responding to a client’s service or support requests
- For marketing purposes
NRL Group Ltd will not use or disclose your personal information, except (i) to the extent necessary to provide the Service to you or as requested by you, or (ii) pursuant to law, or (iii) by a court order. Individual client or client candidate records may, at times, be viewed or accessed by NRL Group Ltd’s authorised employees or agents only for the purpose(s) of (i) providing the Service and related professional services to client or client candidates, (ii) resolving a support issue affecting any of them, (iii) to inspect and resolve a suspected violation of client agreements with a client, or (iv) as may be required by law, as determined by NRL Group Ltd in its sole discretion, judicial proceeding, legal process or binding court order. We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe, in our sole discretion, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a legal proceeding, binding court order, or legal process.
Personal information may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which NRL Group Ltd enters, or may enter, into a corporation transaction. If NRL Group Ltd is acquired in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all its assets, you will be notified via email, on our Site and/or by a prominent notice on our Service of any change in the uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
NRL Group Ltd may disclose personal information to companies that assist us in providing our Services or that partner with us to provide you their services or content. In this context, any such transfers to third parties are governed by our vendor agreements with them, which provide standards of care for the protection for personal and confidential information that are not less stringent than the standards contained in our client agreements, and in no event, less than a reasonable standard of care. Such third-party companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and/or you and for the purposes for which the personal information was collected. In the case of partners with whom you contract directly, their policies regarding personal information will govern your relationship with them as stated in the applicable agreement between you and the partner and we will not be responsible for any actions or omission of these partners.
Website users are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of their user registration and password. Site visitors may opt-out of receiving advertisement or promotional emails from us by selecting the opt-out link located in the message body of all our electronic communications. We may also track and analyse information that doesn’t directly identify you as a person and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our site visitors.
NRL Group Ltd may also ask visitors who register with our Site to provide certain information, such as email addresses to use and receive content from the Site. NRL Group Ltd will provide these visitors with the ability to opt-in or opt-out of future communications from the company. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you.
How we use your personal data to manage job vacancies
Where you have chosen to share your personal data with Linx because you have expressed an interest in new career opportunities within the business, please note that we may share your information with other businesses within the NRL Group in order to best support you with relevant job vacancies. This may include storing your personal data on secure technology systems, and representatives from other NRL Group businesses contacting you by telephone, email or other communication methods should future job vacancies match your skills. Until such time as you request your personal data is removed from our systems.
Other things to be aware of
- Data Retention by Us – We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Services, comply with our contractual and/or legal obligations, resolve disputes and/or enforce our agreements. When the purpose for which NRL Group Ltd is processing, the personal information is fulfilled, expires or is terminated, NRL Group Ltd will, upon request, provide our clients with a copy of their personal information stored by us, and NRL Group Ltd will then either delete or pseudonymise any remaining personal information in accordance with our client agreements.
- Data Security – NRL Group Ltd employs reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal information it processes. When the Service is accessed using Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 8.0 or higher, Transport Layer Security (TSL) technology protects information using both server authentication and data encryption to help provide that personal information is safe, and secure while in transit. NRL Group Ltd also implements an advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session identifications, and hosts the Service in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to protect against interference or access from outside intruders. Finally, NRL Group Ltd provides individual usernames and passwords that must be entered each time a client logs on. These safeguards help protect against unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and provide for the appropriate use of personal information. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent (100%) secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
- No Services for Children – We do not knowingly collect information from children. To use the Site, you must be the age of legal majority in your place of residence. By using the Site, you hereby represent that you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence. We do not use an application or other mechanism to determine the age of users of the Site. All information provided to us will be treated as if it was provided by an adult. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete information associated with a child as soon as practicable if we learn that a child has submitted information about himself/herself to us.
- Security – NRL Group Ltd will take all reasonable precautions in its protection of data and any misuse, loss, destruction, alteration, and unauthorised access or disclosure.
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation – NRL Group Ltd will take all reasonable steps to provide that any personal information it processes is limited by the purpose(s) for which such personal information has been collected
Access to Personal Information Controlled by NRL Group Ltd
As a data subject, you have a number of rights in relation to your data under UK data protection law. For full information on your rights you can read the guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/. A summary of these rights are below:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Upon request and within 30 days, NRL Group Ltd will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. In addition, NRL Group Ltd will take reasonable steps to permit clients to correct, amend, or delete their personal information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Who can I contact about my personal data?
If you have any questions about our use of your personal information, you can contact us at Linx c/o NRL Group Limited, Glasshouse Business Park, Wigan, Lancashire, WN3 6GL. Company Registration Number: 09820152, telephone: 01942 614 605, email: email@example.com.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Regulation is the Data Protection Officer for Linx and the NRL Group. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst we hope that we can address any concerns you may have; you can also contact the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF,
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Website: www.ico.org.uk